Ticket types are used to help you and your team find, sort, and understand a ticket in a glance.
Assigning a Ticket Type:
Quick note: When Helpdesk knows what the message is for, it will assign a Ticket Type for you. Say, if you receive a message from eBay or Amazon, the ticket type "System" will be automatically assigned.
To assign a Ticket Type, you have a few options:
Option 1: Assign Individually:
- When viewing your inbox, click on the icon in the cell for Type
and select a type from the drop down list:
- OR, you can also set the Ticket Type within the conversation thread (message viewer):
Option 2: Apply Types in bulk
- Choose multiple tickets with the checkboxes on the left of each ticket.
- then select a Type with the Ticket Type button/menu near the top of your inbox.
Organizing by Ticket Types:
- Ticket Types are very useful for your Custom Filters/Views:
- Or the inbox can be sorted by Type with the arrows on the header of your inbox:
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us anytime at email@example.com